The New iOS 16 Health App Functionality Makes Tracking Your Drugs A Lot Easier
- 04 Aug 2022
Taking medications is a responsibility that has a massive impact on your health and well-being. In today's world filled with all sorts of distractions, it is easy to forget to take pills on time. Luckily, a functional application on your iPhone will help you track your meds, remind when it is time to take the next dose, and warn you about potential interactions your medicinal drugs might have.
The Health app receives new capabilities with the latest iOS 16 update, adding a novel medications management feature. Now, users can track all their meds more closely, build dosing schedules, set up missed dose reminders, and learn helpful information about their prescribed drugs. The new feature also enables users to contact their healthcare providers to check the list of meds the patient has previously used, receive additional recommendations, etc.
Here is how the Medications functionality works and which steps you need to take to set it up and running on your iPhone:
- Make sure your iPhone is updated to iOS 16. Start the Health app.
- In the lower right corner, pick the ‘Browse’ tab.
- Hit the ‘Medications’ button, then choose ‘Add a Medication.’
- Type in the name of the drug you want to track (for now, US users are the only ones who have the option to scan the medication with their iPhone camera).
- The prompts will help you set up reminders and customize the experience with the feature to meet your specific needs.
Anytime you need to edit the information in the Medications section (e.g., register the dose you have taken), follow the same route: Health app => Browse tab => Medications.
What do you think of this new iOS 16 Health app feature? Will it help people stay more disciplined when taking their vital drugs? Speak up in the comments below and share the post with your friends!